Director of Events and Marketing Job Brief
Director of Events & Marketing
We are looking for a qualified Director of Events & Marketing to support our lead generation activities through the planning, organizing, and successful execution of our VIP Event series across multiple markets throughout the United States. Additionally, this role will include working closely with our VP of Marketing in deploying content marketing strategies, involving video editing and the creation of other social media content. This role will also support our business development team with required client facing collateral.
Our ideal candidate is experienced with relationship building via high-end event management, public relations, content creation, video editing, and social media campaigns. We expect you to perform well in a team environment and have exceptional people/communication skills.
Scope of Work
- Plan, organize and attend all Tier4 Advisors VIP Events
- With the assistance of the Tier4 Executive Team, you’ll secure VIP Event sponsorships from vendor partners
- Gather quotes, make reservations, book venues, plan transportation, and create event signage and promotional materials.
- Communicate directly with sponsors and event attendees throughout the pre-event process to ensure all parties understand necessary event information and details (date, time, location, parking, etc.)
- Manage attendee/sponsor calendar invites and answer all email inquiries, phone calls, voicemail, and social media inquiries related to VIP Events within 24 hours.
- Meet with VP of Marketing and Executive Team to discuss and plan VIP Event specifications for 25+ events across the United States such as scope, format, budget, administrative details, and special requirements.
- Maintain Event contracts and documents
- Maintain cell phone availability on days of events.
- Ensure proper post event follow-up process with attendees is executed with the VP of Marketing
- Evening and weekend work with travel required for some VIP Events
- Create marketing content for team members to support their lead generation efforts (infographics, white papers, case studies, videos)
- Assist VP of Marketing with recording and editing Tier4 Podcast and distribute to social channels
- Promote Tier4 content on social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, FB, and email campaigns)
- On occasion attend a TAG/ATP networking event or ‘business after hours’ event
- Maximize vendor partners tools, and be highly synced with master agency and vendor marketing departments
- Proven success in an event management role
- Background in business development, marketing, and events
- Experience with content creation and marketing campaigns (Event promotional items, signs, business cards, infographics, video editing)
- Experience with marketing/creative software (For example: Canva, Final Cut ProAdobe Creative Cloud, Mailchimp, Survey Monkey, Hubspot)
- Experience with social media management (Buffer, Hootsuite, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent phone, verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability in problem-solving
- Ability to think several steps ahead while keeping important details in mind
- Hands on experience with CRM systems
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, particularly MS Excel
- Have dependable transportation to Tier4 office and local events
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications/Event Management or have 5+ years of relevant experience
- Solid understanding of different marketing and lead gen techniques
- Passion for the marketing, events, and relationship building
Compensation + Benefits
$45,000 – $55,000/yr Depending on Experience
Health Insurance, 401K match, hybrid work environment (remote and in-office)
How to Apply
Send your resume and contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org